The Schoeps Colette microphone series is a modular system that comprises of a microphone amplifier and capsule. A complete Colette Series microphone consists of an MK capsule and a CMC amplifier. First, you choose your amplifier then add a capsule that suits your needs. Schoeps offers a range of small-diaphragm capsules from OMNI to Cardioid that are fully interchangeable. This way you can have one amplifier and a range of capsules for the desired purpose. The largest amplifier component, the CMC 6 is perhaps the most recognisable but in 2019 Schoeps released the much smaller CMC 1 adding greater flexibility in the smallest of spaces. The CMC 1 is about one-third the length of the CMC 6 and 53% lighter. On the second of October 2020, Schoeps took this miniaturisation one step further with the introduction of the new CMC 1 L (L for LEMO). The Lemo connector makes the CMC 1 L the smallest Modular studio microphone amplifier on the market and can be tucked away into the smallest of places.
At SCHOEPS, “uncompromising miniaturisation” means that the electrical characteristics of the CMC 1 L are equal to those of the CMC 6.
Miniaturisation is not new to Schoeps Microphones. The CCM Series offers a range of hardwired miniature condenser microphones that share the same properties as the Colette series. With the addition of the new CMC 1 L, the Colette Series can now be the same size as the CCM but in a fully modular form enabling you to swap capsules as you need them.
You can see a CCM 41 microphone next to the new CMC 1 L with the MK 41 capsule side by side in the first image to get an idea of size. Also in this image are the three amplifier module; the CMC 6, CMC 1 and CMC 1 L.
- high maximum SPL: 135 dB-SPL with the MK 4 (0.5% THD or less)
- very low current consumption: 2.0 mA at 48 Volts
- operates on 48 V or 12 V phantom power, reliable operation even if powering is somewhat marginal
- very high immunity from RF interference with the SCHOEPS RFI Shield; high immunity to cable-induced hum and other interference (field-tested with Audio Limited A 10, etc.)
- flat frequency response
- very low distortion
- constant output impedance across the audio frequency range
- balanced, direct-coupled, class-A output circuit
- output is filtered in the ultrasonic range to prevent interference, e.g. from camera autofocus
- Variant of the CMC 1 U with miniature Lemo output connector
- K 5 LU (5 m cable with XLR-3M plug) and SGC stand adapter are included
- Fully equal alternative to the well-known CMC 6
- Compatible with all available MK capsules and active Colette accessories, e.g. CUT 60 or RC
- Compatible with all accessories of the CCM series, e.g. TR L oder STA
- Recommended accessories for boom use are the same as for CCM microphones, e.g. MINIX CCM LU or Rycote INV-5.
The Schoeps CMC 1 L is available now. Contact us for pricing.