In 2019 Schoeps released the CMC 1 microphone amplifier module adding an alternative to the larger renowned CMC 6. The CMC 1 is about one-third the length of the CMC 6 and 53% lighter. It is fully compatible with all existing MK capsules and Colette active accessories therefore can be used in place of the CMC 6 without compromise. The CMC 1 was a deviation into the world of miniaturisation for the Colette series and enabled the microphone to be used in a larger variety of situations, on a boom connected to an Audio Limited A10 transmitter for example.
Although the CMC 1 is about 2-thirds smaller in length than the CMC 6 it wasn’t quite small enough, so on the second of October 2020 Schoeps took this miniaturisation one step further with the introduction of the new CMC 1 L (L for LEMO). The Lemo connector makes the CMC 1 L the smallest Modular studio microphone amplifier on the market and can be tucked away into the smallest of places. (see the image at the top of this page for a direct size comparison between the CMC 6, 1 and 1 L)
At Schoeps, “uncompromising miniaturisation” means that the electrical characteristics of the CMC 1 L are equal to those of the CMC 6. You can rest assured that audio quality will not be compromised.
The CMC 1/MK 41 sounds as good as an CMC 6/MK 41 in a smaller, lighter package” Simon Hayes – Sound Mixer for “Les Miserables
Although a relatively new concept for the Colette series, miniaturisation is not new to Schoeps Microphones. The CCM Series offers a range of miniature condenser microphones that share the same properties as the Colette series but in a hardwired format. With the addition of the new CMC 1 L, the Colette Series can now be roughly the same size as the CCM but in a fully modular form enabling you to swap capsules as you need them. The Schoeps CMC 1 L is testament to the highest technical and audiophile-quality of microphone amplifier design.
- high maximum SPL: 135 dB-SPL with the MK 4 (0.5% THD or less)
- very low current consumption: 2.0 mA at 48 Volts
- operates on 48 V or 12 V phantom power, reliable operation even if powering is somewhat marginal
- very high immunity from RF interference with the SCHOEPS RFI Shield; high immunity to cable-induced hum and other interference (field-tested with Audio Limited A 10, etc.)
- flat frequency response
- very low distortion
- constant output impedance across the audio frequency range
- balanced, direct-coupled, class-A output circuit
- output is filtered in the ultrasonic range to prevent interference, e.g. from camera autofocus
- Variant of the CMC 1 U with miniature Lemo output connector
- K 5 LU (5 m cable with XLR-3M plug) and SGC stand adapter are included
- Fully equal alternative to the well-known CMC 6
- Compatible with all available MK capsules and active Colette accessories, e.g. CUT 60 or RC
- Compatible with all accessories of the CCM series, e.g. TR L oder STA
- Recommended accessories for boom use are the same as for CCM microphones, e.g. MINIX CCM LU or Rycote INV-5.
The Schoeps CMC 1 L is available now. Contact us for pricing.